About Evans + Associates Ltd
We are a small team committed to delivering an effective and high quality service, and always work our hardest to deliver on time and within budget. All input is tailored to meet each client's individual requirements.
We take all of our responsibilities seriously:
Insurance: Employers £10m, Public Liability £2m, & Professional Indemnity £1m.
Health and Safety: A trained first aider is on site at all times, and a copy of our policy is available on request. A 'safe system of work' is always applied and will include risk assessments and method statements, supported by clear communication at all times. Specific CITB site safety training has been completed.
Environmental Responsibilities: We try to minimise our 'footprint' in all respects ranging from the choice of materials suppliers, to the use of biodegradeable chainsaw oil on site.
Continued Development: Various short courses and seminars are attended each year to ensure that knowledge is kept up to date. We also maintain various professional affiliations for example to the Institute of Chartered Foresters and the Arboricultural Association.
Evans + Associates Ltd is managed by Gareth Evans MA, MSc, Dip Cons Mgt, M.Arbor.A, CMLI, MICFor. Initially working as a contractor, Gareth then spent a decade in Local Authority employment followed by a similar period as Project Director for the consulting company Mott MacDonald. This range of employment providing a wide variety of technical experience and project management. As a team we also hold all necessary practical qualifications relating to chainsaw use, pesticide application, tree inspection, and construction site safety. Equipment is well maintained, regularly serviced, and regularly updated.
These have included:
- Landscape and woodland design in various locations, including landscape strategy and contract document production,
- Woodland Management Plan preparation for a publically owned woodland in Cornwall.
- Tree surveys, impact assessments etc..., for various development sites in accordance with BS 5837:2012.
- Tree inspections, hazard and risk assessment. Recommendations for works. Contract preparation and supervision.
- 'Environmental' clerk of works for various engineering projects in Devon & Cornwall, and also a retirement village in Exeter.
- Large scale vegetation surveys along trunk roads in Devon & Cornwall to assess vegetation condition and provide contract documentation for associated works including woodland thinning, planting and maintenance operations.
- Production of tree risk management strategy and associated staff training for a holiday park in North Devon.
- Woodland planting, and establishment aftercare.
- Invasive weed control (knotweed, balsam, etc...) at various locations in Devon, and general weed control within hard surfaced areas,
- Coppicing, woodland thinning, and woodfuel production at various locations within the South West.